Karwa Chauth 2023: Date and Time
|Tithi||Date and Time|
|Chaturthi Tithi Begins –||October 31, 2023 – 09:30 PM|
|Chaturthi Tithi Ends||November 1, 2023 – 09:19 PM|
|Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat||November 1, 2023 – 05:13 PM to 06:28 PM|
|Karwa Chauth Fast Time||November 1., 2023 – 05:48 AM to 08:03 PM|
|Moonrise on Karwa Chauth Day||November 1, 2023 – 08:03 PM|
Karwa Chauth 2023 LIVE UPDATES: Moorise Time and Other Details
Karwa Chauth 2023: City Wise Timings
|City||Moon Rise Time|
|New Delhi||8:15 PM|
|Himachal Pradesh||8:07 PM|
Karwa Chauth 2023 Puja Muhurat
|Chandigarh||5:35 pm to 6:54 PM|
|Bengaluru||5:53 pm to 7:07 PM|
|Kolkata||4:59 pm to 6:15 PM|
|Chennai||5:42 pm to 6:56 PM|
|Pune||6:02 pm to 7:17 PM|
|New Delhi||5:36 pm to 6:54 PM|
|Jaipur||5:44 pm to 7:02 PM|
|Noida||5:36 pm to 6:53 PM|
|Ahmedabad||6:02 pm to 7:18 PM|
|Hyderabad||5:45 pm to 7:00 PM|
|Gurgaon||5:37 pm to 6:55 PM|
|Mumbai||6:05 pm to 7:21 PM|
Karwa Chauth 2023: Puja Samagri
Earthen Pot, Plate, Kumkum, Kalawa, Wheat seeds, Durva Grass, Flowers/Garland, Sieve (Chalni), Diya, Desi Ghee, Shringaar Items, Bhog Prasad (Poori, Halwa and Kheer), Story Book (Vrat Katha ki Kitaab) and Wheat.
Karwa Chauth 2023: How to break the fast?
All Hindu women are keeping the fast for their husband’s well being and good health and seeking the blessings of Goddess Chauth. Now the fast has almost come to an end and women are eagerly waiting for the Moonrise. So here we are going to explain that how can you break your fast and you should follow some do’s while breaking the fast.
1. The first and foremost thing is to sight the Moon with a sieve.
2. After sighting the Moon you should first see your husband with the sieve.
3. Perform aarti to Moon and your husband.
4. Take blessings of Moon and your husband by touching his feet and take blessings of your in laws.
5. Make sure you break the fast by drinking water.
6. Then you should have some sweets and after that eat sattvik food only.
7. You should not use onion, garlic, egg and meat.
Karwa Chauth 2023: What is Sargi?
Sargi is the most important part of the morning ritual on the day of Karwa Chauth. It is specially prepared by Mother in law for her daughter in law. Sargi is a meal in which there are various types of dishes are prepared. This includes Parantha, Matthi, Seviyan, sweets, fruits and other things according to the choice. Sargi should have sattvik food. This tradition is followed in various regions. Women get up early in the morning and they prepare delicious food and eat it before sunrise.
Karwa Chauth 2023: Puja Vidhi
1. Women get up early in the morning before sun rise and take a holy bath.
2. Eat the sargi along with the family members before sunrise.
3. Women are not allowed to eat and drink anything after the Sunrise.
4. In afternoon, they prepare food for the Bhog – Sabzi-Poori, Kheer, Halwa.
5. Women get ready for the Puja, wear dresses, sarees or lehenga, adorn themselves with gold jewellery and do solah shringaar.
6. Clean the puja room and place a Karwa Chauth calendar or photo and stick it one the wall.
7. Spread wheat sees and place that earthen pot filled with water on that which is known as Karwa, Put tilak on Karwa and photo of Chauth Mata. Tie the kalawa around the earthen pot.
8. Prepare a thali for bhog and keep it there along with Dakshina and a saree which is later given to Mother-in-law.
9. Offer vermillion and Garland or flower to the Goddess.
10. Take some Durva leaves, flower and wheat seeds in your fist and recite Karwa Chauth Katha and pray to the Goddess that ‘I pray to you as per the knowledge I have about rituals and please forgive me if I may have committed any mistake during this fast and bless me with the wish fulfilment’.
11. After completing all the rituals, tie those durva leaves, flower and wheat seeds in the pallu of your saree or dupatta.
12. Take the bayna and give it to your Mother-in-Law and take blessings by touching the feet.
13. After sighting the moon, offer water along with the durva leaves, flower and wheat seeds which was tied in the dupatta.
14. Touch your husbands feet and take blessings from him as well.
15. Now break the fast and have satvik food.
Karwa Chauth 2023: FAQs
- When is Karwa Chauth 2023?
Karwa Chauth is going to be celebrated on Chaturthi Tithi of Krishna Paksha in the month of Kartik i.e., November 1, 2023.
- How to celebrate Karwa Chauth 2023?
Karwa Chauth fast is observed by married hindu women for the good health of their husband they celebrate this day with great joy. They observe fast from sunrise till moonrise and adorn themselves with beautiful traditional clothes, offer prayers to Goddess Chauth and in the evening after moonrise they break their fast.